Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tips on Portion Control !?!

I've heard a lot of talk about Portion Control lately.   My family and friends are having a difficult time with this, as are many others. 
I have also needed to learn how to control the amount of food I eat.  Hear are some tips that helped me and hopefully help you also!


  1. Use a smaller plate or bowl. 
  2. Order the Small when eating out.
  3. Share! - If we bought desert we would all share only ONE (me and my 2 girls)
  4. Put more veggies than pasta / rice on your plate. 
  5. Actually Measure out your Food. - you might be surprised!
  6. Drink a glass of water before eating.
  7. Snack Smart. - keep fruits and veggies at hand
  8. Buy a food scale.

I know we are all very busy.  You just need to try one or two of these tips at a time.  When you get used to one then try another. Pretty soon you'll be losing weight and feeling great. 

Also I found this very helpful chart on WebMD.  
Basics Guidelines:
1 cup = baseball size
1/2 cup = lightbulb
1 oz / 2 tbsp = golf ball
3 oz meat/ chicken = deck of cards
3 oz fish = checkbook


I really hope this helps you!  I'd Love to see your Before and After pictures!


Connect with me on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Be-Healthy-and-Happy-with-Yvette/174480305950919

Or yvettea232@gmail.com
www.mrsbeachfit.tripleresource.com

Happy Portion Controlling!  

No comments:

Post a Comment