Tuesday, March 3, 2015

First Half Marathon - Riverside Mission Inn

 I was So very nervous this Morning. I woke up extra early and prepared myself for what I was about to tackle.  I was excited also because I knew I had the Support of my Family and MRTT running buddies.
 We started off well and were running along great.  I was sticking with Liz a running friend I admire.  As we ran, I got swept up in the excitement and adrenaline rush and I pushed myself to go faster.   Yes, I had trained for this but I was really still a novice.  The hills on this course were challenging but the local support was wonderful.  The roads lined with beautiful stately homes with their owners sitting along the road cheering us on, was amazing!   I fueled and drank my water as needed until I came to a very long exhausting stretch along the riverbank and lost energy at mile 8.  
As I found myself needing to walk more and really dig in to my willpower to keep me going, I also started cheering others on.  I saw people of all shapes, ages, colors out here running and doing the Best they could and that Kept me going!  I had also kept my eye on an older man in front of me and told myself - "If he can keep going so Can I!"     So I did!  
It didn't get easier.  I was very hungry and feeling worn out.  I just kept pushing forward to my Goal!
T

Here I am so Happy to see the crowd before the Finish Line!  Thanks to Carmen an Amazing woman, who took this picture of me.  I didn't even see her I was so concentrated on Finishing.   I had seen my girls and husband Cheering me on and that gave Me the Extra spurt of Energy I needed to Finish Strong!




 I finished at 2 hours and 25 minutes!  WOW! I impressed myself.  I really didn't know what to expect and I was really only hoping to finish before 3 hours.  Well, I DID.
My friend Kim is the reason I ran this race and here we are at the End with our Medals.  Yes, we look Happy and Felt Accomplished!
Here is my wonderful Hubby and girls that support me.  I wouldn't have been able to do this without them.  I'm so Blessed.



 These collages show the support from the Mom's Run This Town running group.  As well as the Victory Pictures at the End!
This is such a fantastic Learning experience.  I learned I needed to learn to fuel better and I needed New Running shoes.  I ended up with a Loose toe nail for the first time.
Every training run after this was always a learning experience.








If you can make a goal, you can achieve it!



Thanks for reading.  I hope to encourage others to go after their goals.

Yvette Arguello
yvettema1@fb.com
mrsbeachfit_yvette on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment