Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Just Starting to Get Healthy/ Take it 1 step at a time!

Getting Healthy is not a quick diet fix. It takes time to develop healthy habits. I've been on this journey to healthier living for 6 months now.  Everyday there are new temptations. Especially with kids around, they want all the sweet stuff. The point is It Can Be Done, and You CAN make healthy changes. Some will be easier than others.
Below are just a few tips that I have incorporated into my every day life.
  1. Drink Water!  I know you hear this everywhere. Water is great, easy to carry, refreshing and Yes even the Kids will drink it. It helps you when you think you are hungry but actually just thirst, and it's necessary for your muscles.
  2. Cut out the Soda!  We did this years ago. Yes- we still drink some occasionally but not day to day. It's a special occasion drink. My girls know that and are good with it. You just Have to make it a rule.  (We drink - fruit juices, teas, milk, Gatorade and water)
  3. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil! I started to this about 6 months ago. I found that it is healthier to cook with and gives us the good fats that help sustain a healthy lifestyle.
  4. I Do Not buy Diet Foods! Not all diet foods are good for you. You need to Read the labels. Also I don't buy a lot of non-fat or low-fat food. Some fats are healthy. You need those to help you absorb vitamins into your body.
  5. Cook with lots of spices! This helps keep the salt content lower.  It also makes for very tasty food.
  6. Cook at home as much as possible! This is the best way to know what you are putting into your body. I shop at the local farmers market almost weekly. That is the best way to shop for your veggies.
If you are looking to make healthy changes to your life, I encourage you to pick 1 or 2 things to work on. Don't try to do it all at once, give it some time. That is the best way for the healthy habits to stick.

Also remember I am here to help you.  Don't hesitate to contact me for any questions or concerns. Or if you just need some motivation.

find me on facebook and like my page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Independent-BeachBody-CoachMrsBeachFit/174480305950919  

Please feel free to Leave any comments.  I would love to here what you would like to know more about or need help with.

No comments:

Post a Comment